Children learn by seeing, hearing, and touching God's world in a meaningful learning environment. Educational research reports that all three means are necessary for early brain development to retain information to later learn abstractions, such as reading, writing and math.
Curriculum consists of learning units, appropriate to the class age-level. Each unit provides progressive learning experiences. Learning centers, which correspond with these units, are converted monthly to provide new and challenging experiences. As a project is introduced, each child is encouraged to begin and complete it.
Spiritual development is encouraged through daily Christian education
activities -prayer, songs, stories, and hands-on projects. Once a week all
classes receive a visit from
Pastor Moe Redding for "Chapel Time".
Ultimately, we believe that the parent, the child's first resource provided by God, is the best teacher. Our job at LOC Christian Preschool is to help instill a love of learning in his/her first 'school' setting.
It is the philosophy and firm belief of Light of Christ Christian Preschool
that each child is uniquely created by God with individual gifts and abilities. It is our overall goal to encourage the growth of the "whole child" through each one's spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Spiritually emphasize a rich heritage of Christianity to show each child that he/she is secure in God's abiding love and care.
- Socially provide an environment where each child is given the opportunity to develop peer relationships, learn to cooperate, respect, share and care for each other.
- Emotionally encourage, love, and support in each child to instill a positive self-image.
- Physically help each child to grow and develop in fine & gross motor skills.
- Intellectually provide hands-on, age appropriate experiences in language, math, science, art and social studies that enhance discovery, creativity, thought, and communication.
Daily routines are planned to enrich, motivate, challenge, and reinforce children in an environment where each one is respected as an individual.